Tara - 2021 75' 1" OCEAN VOYAGER OV70
Annapolis Maryland United States $1,450,000 USD
Annapolis Maryland United States
Tara and her well-designed interior intelligently pairs with efficiency inspiring a wanderlust for exploration. Today many yachtsmen seek the journey far more than the destination, and the OV70 with its cruising range promises destinations that are sure to be as diverse and spirited as your experiences along the way.
Ocean Voyager 70’ Tara was built to specifications based on the experienced gained from thousands of miles of cruising. The builders have well over 100,000 miles of world cruising in both sailboats and power boats. Tara was conceived to be the ultimate 2 person cruising yacht, however her 4 stateroom layout and her voluminous interior give owners the possibility of catering to family, friends and crew. She is designed to be a rugged trawler yacht with exceptional range (1500nm) and an efficient long range cruising speed of 8.5kts at 3.3 Gal/hr.
Ocean Voyager previously built and cruised the iconic Pink Shrimp , a 105' unique trawler. Rogue , a 90' Wave-piercer Catamaran and many others. Ocean Voyager boats are currently cruising the world from Europe to the Indian Ocean to the Western Pacific. From that experience Tara was born to be more luxurious with greater accommodations embodying the trademark of the builders - great access to machineries and commercial quality
Tara' s well-designed interior intelligently pairs with efficiency inspiring a wanderlust for exploration. Today many yachtsmen seek the journey far more than the destination, and the OV70 with its cruising range promises destinations that are sure to be as diverse and spirited as your experiences along the way.
FLAG: ANTIGUA - US DUTY PAID
- Engines: Twin Volvo D3-150 hp (112kw) EPA tier II engines
- Volvo engine control system
- Generator: 16kw northern lights ( mechanical)
- Active hydraulic stabilization: Kobelt actuators with 7.5 sqft fins, powered by generator mounted 10ga/minute hydraulic pump with 24 VDC Ogura clutch, an 8 gallon reserve oil tank with filter and sight gauge
- Thruster: 10” Side-power 24 VDC with 2 X 240amp/hr dedicated AGM batteries for thruster and windlass, charged by 30amp/120vac Simplex dedicated charger.
- 4 blade Michigan DQ propellers on 1/34” Aquamat shafts,*(2) spare Michigan DQ propellers provided*
- Power and manual steering: Kobelt 24 VDC HPU200 with 24 VDC autopilot solenoid for power steering and upper helm Kobelt 7005 manual steering pump with a 3 gallon reserve oil tank with filter and sight gauge, plus a Lewmar steering wheel
- Dual Racor for each engine with/crossover
- Rudders: 3” solid rudder shafts with Kobelt tiller arms and steering ram and tie-bar (shafting above rudder bearing machined to 2”) double lip shaft seals and heavy upper thrust roller bearing. Heavy welded steel plate rudders
- Reverso oil change pump 24 VDC
- Dual control station w/ wheel at upper station and Kobelt joy stick steering at upper and lower station
- Fuel: 640 gallons (2425liters) in two aluminum 1/4” tanks,
- Water: 560 gallons (2220 liters) in 4 heavy 3/8” polyethylene tanks
- Dual 24 VDC fresh water pumps with pressure tank
- 380 cu/ft Seafire Novec automatic/manual fire suppression system for engine room.
- 120/240 1 phase 60hz system
- Custom dedicated electrical distribution panels w/ fiber optic lighting, isolated 110v inverter distribution panel
- Mastervolt distribution and monitoring system
- Solar system: 2000 watt system with circuit protected joiner box, consisting of 5 x 320 watt panels on the sun awning, and 1 additional 320 watt panel on the foredeck. Capable of 75 amps at 24 vdc at peak power. Basically will run all domestic functions except hot water and HVAC in most weather conditions.
- Outback 80 amp solar controller
- (2) inverter chargers: dual Magnum 4000watt inverterfrom 24vdc and 120vac 120amp battery charger
- House batteries: 8 X 460 amp/hr 6vdc ROLLs L/16 lead acid
- Dedicated start batteries for each main engine and generator and Anchor windlass/thruster
- LED Lighting all exterior and interior
- 50 amp shore power with 50’ cable
- Flybridge: 9’ X 9” with a composite console/helm station. 2 person helm seat and awning
- Anchor winch: Lewmar 3500 24vdc
- 175# Lewmar claw anchor
- 75# Rocna anchor plus 250 feet of 1 inch nylon rode
- Stainless bow roller ½ inch plates with dual nylon anchors
- 350 feet 7/16 G4 chain
- Aluminum swim-platform with composite deck, swim ladder, and dinghy dock
- Crane: Nautical Structures HMC 1100 pound capacity with 3 function hydraulics, boom up/down, 350 degree rotation, winch up/down, 120vac, cable remote control
- Dyneema life lines
- Double glazed tempered pilothouse windows (two layers nitrogen fill) 3/8 tempered glass
- Hatches: 6 stainless steel Pompanette deck hatches with Oceanaire privacy/bug screens
- 1 Lewmar aft hatch
- 1 large custom fiberglass lazarette hatch
- Custom dinghy chocks
- Dual large LPG tanks with crossover valve, galley remote solenoid control, and vented LPG storage
- 4 large 14” stainless bollards
- 4 12” stainless cleats
- Hard poly rub rail w/ stainless half round
- 12’ Highfield alloy inflatable tender with heavy plastic/ teak style sole, storage locker, double floor, Dyneema lifting harness, 20hp Yamaha outboard
- Navigation lights (LED)
DECK SEATING AREA :
- Outside seating for 12, with Folding dining table for 6/8, Sunbrella closed cell foam cockpit cushions
- This is protected from the sun by a 12’ (3.65m) x 12’ (3.65m) hard, aluminum framed awning, which supports the (5) 320 Watts solar panels
- Hull and deck; Vinylester resin Divicell Foam core….1 14” deck….1 7/8”hull
- Carbon stringers 6” X 2”
- Resin infused (scrimp system) hull and deck
- PPG epoxy and linear polyurethane paint system
- Aluminum pilothouse, 1/4” plating and framing, spray foam polyurathane insulation
- Aluminum fuel tanks ¼ inches plate
- 4 3/8” polyethylene water tanks
- Vessel was heavily constructed and insulated for Northern latitude cruising.
INTERIOR FINISH :
- Interior “Antique white” composite, with Dark African mahogany joinery.
- Composite panel ceilings
- Vinyl sisal carpets throughout ( entirely removable and washable )
- Roomy, light, spacious interior design with high ceilings, well insulated, and quiet.
Interior furnishing was designed with ventilation a non air conditioned interior if desired, capable of great variation of temperatures, cool in tropics, warm in high latitudes
AFT ACCOMMODATIONS :
- Large, full width, aft master stateroom with king size berth, Theford electric toilet en-suite head, desk, closets and storage, with one opening hatch, 2 opening portlights, and 2 non opening side portlights. 6’ 7” headroom. Closets and drawers for storage
- 2 additional staterooms with upper and lower bunks (Starboard and Port location) with shared heads. Closets and drawers for storage
FORWARD ACCOMMODATIONS :
- 1 queen Port with Ensuite Head (Theford toilets) and shower
- 1 double Starboard with upper bunk . Ensuite Head (Theford toilet) and shower.
All shower and sinks hardware high polished Italian hardware. All heads have multiple storage, cabinets and mirrors. 3 Black water tanks ( 40 gallons each) with Whale discharge pumps for pump out.
All staterooms 6’7 (2 meters ) Galley 10’ (3meters ) salon 7’ (2.2 meters)
- Large stainless galley on the starboard side with a 6 to 8 person dinette opposite.
- Double stainless steel sink with carbon filter drinking water faucet
- Dickinson stainless steel LPG stove with oven and broiler, 3 burners
- Sea frost 24vdc refrigerator with custom stainless box and plastic shelves
- Sea frost 24vdc freezer with custom stainless box and custom cutting board top.
- Microwave Panasonic
DINETTE MID-SHIP :
- Opposite of the galley on the Port side is a U-shaped dinette with a table (aluminum and mahogany ) and seating up to 8.
- TV 55’ Samsung
- Raised salon with an “L” shaped settee to port, and the lower inside helm station to starboard. Seating up to 6. With aluminum/mahogany coffee table
- Pilothouse Helm control station with Plotter, VHF, joy stick controls, Volvo engine controls, and Stabilizer controls.
- On Port 30 gallon 240 VAC stainless hot water heaters.
- Starboard Norsap adjustable Helm Chair
- Splendid washer/dryer
- Diving tanks (3)
- Houses the Steering gear, Steering pump , Watermaker, Crane hydraulics, and multiple storage areas
- California Air (hookah compressor) with Hookah hoses and mouth piece.
- Very Large Focastle houses - spare anchor, 8 (covered) fenders, mooring lines. Thruster batteries, windlass batteries and charger
AIR CONDITIONING :
- 5 Dometic reverse-cycle marine air conditioners
- 2/12,000 btu, 2/6,000 btu, 1/10,000 btu with 4 Cal Pump cooling pumps
- 400 gal/day Spectra 24vdc watermaker
- 16” Simrad EVO 3 plotter with integrated autopilot, chirp sounder and Halo radar
- 12” Simrad EVO 3 plotter with integrated autopilot, chirp sounder and Halo radar
- Simrad halo 64mi radar
- Simrad AIS class B
- Wireless bilge alarm
- ACR global fix Epirb
- Kobelt color stabilizer control/display
- ICOM m242g GPS
- ICOM VHF with flybridge remote
- dual Kobelt joystick steering
- dual Side-Power joystick thruster controls
- 2 Plastimo compass