This Freedom 39 Pilot House is an extremely unique find. Perfect for the cruising couple, the boat is simple to sail short or single handed thanks to the tried and true, overbuilt free standing carbon Freedom rigs.
The experienced and meticulous owners have finished their cruising and "Sea Poem" is now on the market. This boat has had hundreds of thousands of dollars of recent upgrades, however due to some cosmetic crazing in the gelcoat beneath the Awl-gripped hull she is being offered at well below replacement value. Please read the detailed descriptions carefully to understand just how many recent improvements have been made to this special yacht.
Some primary features of "Sea Poem" include:
- New Custom hard top
- New Solar
- New Canvas
- Hull and decks painted in Awlgrip
- Bow Thruster
- Complete offshore safety gear
Builder: FREEDOM YACHTS
Main Category: Cruising Sailboat
Build Year: 1985
Model Year: 1985
LOA: 39' 1" (11.91m)
Beam: 12' 9" (3.89m)
Max Draft: 5' 6" (1.68m)
Water Capacity: 200 Gal
Fuel Capacity: 108 Gal
As a semi-custom boat, each 39 PH is different down below. "Sea Poem" is a unique 2 cabin 1 head version with a raised salon. As you come down the easy to manage curving staircase stairway you are led to the main salon which is to port. There are two fixed swiveling 2 chairs And 2 smaller seats that surround a fixed salon table with leaves. The custom upholstery blends well with the satin teak finish of the interior.
Across from the salon is the control center where the breaker panels and a chart plotter are located. There is a large working counter which cleverly conceals a small love seat.
The aft cabin is centerline through a large doorway. There is an “L” shaped settee on the port side with a large, vented hanging locker. There is a double bed to starboard that is situated fore and aft. A large fixed light and three opening hatches provide good natural light and ventilation to the cabin.
The galley is forward of the salon on the port side and is designed to be functional at sea. There is plenty of dry storage in vented cabinets, good space for dishes, a shelf above the cabinets for more storage and a large reach in fridge with cold-plate ice box.
Across from the galley you will find the head compartment. The head is spacious but laid out to be functional while underway. There is a space saving pocket door entrance from the main hallway and an opening private door to the forward cabin. The head has hot and cold pressurized water, a Raritan electric toilet and a separate shower.
The forward cabin has a full width v-berth with battened walls and has dedicated air conditioning. There is under-berth storage, a huge vented hanging locker to port and a stack of drawers to starboard. There is a large opening forward hatch located above the berth which allows wonderful airflow.
- Gloss varnished teak and holly floors throughout
- LED lighting
- hanging brass oil lamps
- Galley fan
- Nine opening hatches
- Huge fixed side lights with outside UV and privacy covers
- Galley sink replaced to large single sink in stainless
- Moen faucett and fixtures
- Force 10 stove and oven replaced 2013
- Induction hot plate
- Adler Barbour regeration with built in cold plate
- lots of room for dry stoage
- Cuisnart Toaster oven
- Keurig coffee maker
- Galley fan
- Two opening port lights
DECK AND COCKPIT
Electrical and Mechanical
Sea Poem was completely re-wired to ABYC standards in 2021. Also,
- New AC panel (new 2020)
- Rebuilt DC panel (new 2020)
- LED lights throughout
- 4 x 110 watt solar panels on hard top sharing 2 Victron controllers (new 2020)
- 4 house batteries, 155 amp hours each
- 2 start batteries 105 amp hours each for engine, thruster and windlass.(new 2019)
- Forward Air Conditioning unit for owners cabin
- Main Salon Air Conditioning unit for rest of boat.
- 2500 watt inverter
- Nextgen DC 7 hp Generator (Rebuilt 2020) for seperate battery charging
- Cell phone amplifier 3 watt
- 2 X bilge pumps
- Fuel polishing and transfer system
- Sea wolf windlass (original to the boat)
- Vetus bow thruster
- Yanmar 54hp (Installed 2011 for $30,000). There is no hour meter, but there are estimated to be about 1500 hours. The engine has been well maintained and synthetic oil has been used since new.
- Next Gen DC Generator completely re-built in 2020. It has almost no time on the generator since the rebuild.
- Garmin 4212 color chartplotter, 12: at helm
- Garmin 7608 SXV color chartplotter at Navigation desk
- Charts updated 2021
- Garmin radar
- Simrad hydraulic autopilot with controllers at helm and below at nav desk
- Simrad VHF with remote (2020)
- Sirius XM weather (2020)
- AIS send and receive (2021)
- Iridium GO system
Sails and Rigging
- New Mainsails and Foresail in 2019
- 2 reef points in each sail
- Strong track sail hoisting system new in 2019
- Lazy jack system
- New sail covers in 2020
- All running rigging has been updated as needed and is in excellent shape
- Carbon masts were inspected before paining in 2015 and are in perfect working order.
- Check stays on each mast
- 6-Man Winslow life raft
- Parasail sea anchor with 450' of rode
- 4 anchors
- Fenders and fender boards
- Mast climbing system
- 75' Stainless chain 5/16
- 4 X inflatable PFD's
- 4 X personal EPIRBS
- Portaboat with 2.5 hp outboard
- Various engine, generator and other spares