Sell My Boat
Want to Trade-In Or Sell Your Used Yacht?
Contact us today to get started!
Why List with Annapolis Yacht Sales?
· We are consistently the Leading Brokerage House in the Mid-Atlantic with over 65 years of serving our customers along the Bay.
· We invest to advertise your boat in a variety of media including print, e-mail and online.
· We are members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, holding our brokers to a strict code of ethics and providing annual training.
· We have won more CSI (Customer Service Index) awards than most of our competitors put together and our service department is renowned throughout the country.
How will you sell my boat?
· Strong Online Presence. Boat buyers do 90% of their shopping online, so we are committed to getting our boats the best exposure. Your boat will be seen through our website and directly on the top yacht sales sites such as YachtWorld.com, Boats.com, BoatTrader.com, and Yatco.com. We also have digital ads running on the homepages and in e-blasts with SpinSheet, Proptalk, and Chesapeake Bay Magazine. In addition to these sites we also utilize our social media to reach more potential buyers.
· Print Advertising. We promote our brokerage listings in our print ads in SpinSheet, PropTalk and Chesapeake Bay Magazine each month.
· E-mail Marketing. We have a HUGE client base that receives weekly emails. We specifically target buyers with boats that meet the criteria they are shopping for. We also send emails to other selected brokerage houses that specialize in your type of boat, giving them a heads-up they we have a boat they might be interested in.
· Word of Mouth! Our sales team has years of combined experience and an ever-growing network of clients. They are also actively involved in the boating community meaning everyone they meet is a potential buyer for your boat. Additionally, each week all of our Brokers meet to review brokerage listings.
What should I Expect?
- Expect to sign a Listing Agreement which includes:
- Selling Price – Your broker will research what comparable boats are for sale and evaluate what price similar boats have been sold for to advise you at what price the vessel should be offered. That selling price will appear on your Agreement.
- Timeframe – The agreement gives your Broker a minimum of 6 months to exclusively represent your boat.
- Commission – In exchange for marketing, representing, and processing all documents necessary to complete the sale of your boat, we collect a commission of 10% of the selling price or a minimum of $7,000, whichever is greater. Nothing is due until we sell your boat.
- Expect to provide your Broker with a copy of your driver’s license, title, registration card and Certificate of Documentation (if applicable). Having this on hand will make the paperwork process quick and simple when your boat sells.
- Expect your Broker to familiarize them self with your boat, take pictures and/or video to build your listing.