The Sabre 42 Express is considered by many to be the best coastal cruiser created by Sabre Yachts. "Sapowet" is a super clean example of this impressive downeast design. The yacht has been professionally maintained by expert technicians. She is equipped with all the creature comforts, and is beautifully finished. She offers a phenomenal ride with her twin Yanmar 500 HP turbo-diesels. A stunning Flag Blue Awlgripped topsides that were repainted in 2016, her "tried-and-true" direct drive shafts, collectively make her a well-equipped, beautifully finished cruising yacht. Her exterior was professionally detailed in November 2018.
The turbocharged 500 HP Yanmar engines have ~1230 hours, and the 1,000 hour service was performed in 2017. The Westerbeke generator has ~735 hours.
Model42 Hard Top Express
LocationGalesville, MD, US
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length42 ft - 12.8 meter
LOA:139 ft - 42.37 meter
Beam:14 ft 4 in - 4.37 meter
Draft - max:3 ft 9 in - 1.14 meter
Bridge Clearance:13 ft 3 in - 4.04 meter
Dry Weight:29000 lbs
Horsepower:500 (Individual), 1000 (combined)
Fuel Tank:450 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:160 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:60 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Sabre Yachts 42 Hard Top Express has been one of the most sought after Sabre motor yachts.
Her bridge deck is a careful study in ergonomics, surrounded by large opening windows and overhead hatches for maximum ventilation and light. Views for the helmsman and crew are virtually unobstructed. The Stidd helm and mate's chairs, covered in Ultraleather upholstery, provide a degree of comfort rarely found in competitors' yachts. To add to cruising comfort, our engineers have reduced noise and vibration levels with a careful study of engine room ventilation and insulation.
Wide side decks with large diameter stainless steel hand rails, custom stainless steel portlights, line chocks and air intakes, a standard rope chain windlass and highly polished aluminum hatches all add to the beauty and functionality of her deck. A double anchor roller makes anchoring work a breeze.
Below decks her hand-crafted cherry interior adds to the sense of luxury that is evident throughout. The master stateroom berth is low and wide, making it both comfortable and easy to access. The head with stall shower has private access from the stateroom and from the salon.
The main salon is configured with a long L-shaped settee and a custom, maple-inlaid salon table. The guest stateroom to starboard is equipped with a pull out double berth, many drawers and lockers.
Her galley is equipped with an electric cook top, convection microwave oven and offers ample storage for extended voyages.
The luxurious master stateroom is finished in American Cherry and features a large centerline island berth with storage beneath and drawers on the aft face. There are additional storage lockers outboard of the berth and drawers and cedar lined hanging locker. Drawers are constructed of dovetailed maple boxes with roller guides and positive locking latches.
There is a varnished teak and holly cabin sole throughout and reverse cycle air conditioning/heat.
The main salon is well lit and ventilated with opening polished stainless ports and overhead aluminum deck hatches. The salon has a large L-shaped settee featuring tufted cushions covered in Ultra-suede uholstery. There is a pedestal mounted dining table crafted of American Cherry that is inlaid with Bird's Eye Maple. Opposite the settee to starboard there is the head entry door. There is also a flat screen TV mounted directly opposite the main salon settee for optimal viewing. There are louvered door storage lockers in the salon as well as additional shelves for personal belongings and book storage.
Many quality details and significant items the builder added provide a sense of luxury in the cabin. There are Accord Shades on all ports, teak and holly sole, and reverse cycle air conditioning, as well as Ocean Skyscreens on the hatches.
The galley is located aft below in the cabin at the base of the companionway. It is furnished with:
- Microwave oven
- Ceramic electric cooktop
- Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink
- Large 120V/12V refrigerator
- Numerous drawers, lockers, and dry storage areas to stow provisions
The head is located to starboard opposite the salon settee.
It is spacious and pristine. with Corian countertop on the vanity with a wash basin and a separate stall shower and seat with a sliding clear circular plexiglass enclosure. There are many storage spaces for toiletries and linens.
The toilet is an electric Quiet-Flush with holding tank guage.
The second cabin is located aft to starboard and features a full double berth with beautiful wood storage lockers above and drawers beneath. There is plenty of ventilation and a light provided by an overhead hatch and opening port in this private cabin.
The sole is teak and holly and there is a dedciated reverse cycle air conditioner.
Perhaps the best designed area aboard the yacht, the bridge deck has comfortable Stidd helm and mate chairs that can be adjusted and swiveled around to socialize with friends and family. The helm area is fitted with beautiful teak decking. There is a large windshield made up in three sections with a power center opening windshield, and huge sliding windows on either side that provide generous air and exceptional views of outside water scenery and sunsets.
There is a very comfortable L-shaped Ultra-Leather upholstered settee with attractive inlaid pedestal table for additional seating with an additional seat to starboard. For serving refreshments, there is a full wetbar with refrigerator.
Other features include:
- New exterior sun screens for windscreens and side windows (2018)
- Maple inlaid cherry pedestal table
- Teak decking
- Canvas rear enclosure with zipper roll-up window and door (new in 2017)
- 24,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning
- Corian counter wetbar with Norcold fridge
The roomy cockpit features three storage lazarettes spacious enough for folding bikes, liferafts, fenders, spare props, addditional equipment and cleaning gear.
There are two molded-in aft facing seats. The cockpit is long and wide enough for additional guests when hosting a special gathering. A transom door provides easy access to the cockpit when boarding from the swim platform.
Other features include:
- Cushions for the aft facing built-in seats
- Folding chairs and table (see photos)
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Varnished teak flag staff
- Fresh water washdown
- Swim Ladder
- Shore water inlet with filter
- Dinghy davits
- RAYMARINE C-120 Chartplotter
- Raymarine Radar
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 Multi Display
- Ockam speed display
- AIS Transponder
- Icom IC-M502 VHF marine radio with DSC
- Toshiba LCD flat screen TV/DVD combo
- Clarion stereo system
Electrical and Mechanical
- 12 VDC and 120 VAC electrical systems with separate distribution panels and individual circuit breakers
- (5) batteries, two dedicated Group 31 engine starting, one Group 31 generator starting, and two 8D AGM deep cycle house batteries.
- Battery disconnect and parallel cross-over switches
- Magnum Sinewave inverter/charger (new in 2015)
- 50 Amp 110 VAC shorepower inlet
- 12.6 KW Westerbeke generator - 734 hrs
- Hydraulic steering system
- Dual RAYCOR Fuel Filters with manifolds & vacumn guages
- Direct Drive S.S. 2" Aquamet Shafts w/ PSS Dripless seals
- Groco engine strainers
- 4-Blade Nickel-Bronze-Aluminum alloy propellers
- Spare set of propellers
- High water alarm, temp and oil pressure alarms
- HALON Fire Supression System
- (3) RULE 2000gph automatic electric bilge pumps
- Three zone Heating/AC system: 24k BTU, & 12k BTU x 2
- New dripless seals and cutlass bearings (2017)
Hull and Deck
- Vacuum-bagged hull core "V" hull design w/ 16 degree deadrise
- ISO-NPG gelcoat and vinylester back up resin Knitted, bi-axial fiberglass laminates w/ divinycell PVC foam core in running surfaces
- Topsides cored with end grain balsa core for added stiffness
- 2016 Flag Blue Awlgript topsdies w/ white split boot stripe
- Molded in diamond pattern non-skid deck surfaces
- Molded electronics mast w/ searchlight on hardtop
- Dual trumpet horn on roof
- Stainless steel perimeter rail system
- ACR remote control search light
- Twin anchor rollers
- Suncor Plowmaster 45lb with chain
- Fortress FX-23 anchor with chain and rope
- Muir electric windlass with deck and helm controls
- Freshwater washdown on foredeck
- Varnished teak toerail and eyebrow
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.