If you're looking for a new (and affordable!) way to spend time with your family or start a new hobby this summer, the Catalina 34 is the perfect boat for you.
With over 1,400 hulls produced, it's a comfortable family cruiser / daysailer / weekender that can also post respectable results on the race course. The design is simple and the sail plan is easy to learn, meaning less time learning the boat and more time enjoying all the Bay has to offer!
LocationPasadena, MD, US
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length34 ft - 10.36 meter
LOA:34 ft - 10.36 meter
Beam:11 ft 9 in - 3.58 meter
Draft - max:4 ft 3 in - 1.3 meter
Horsepower:25 (Individual), 25 (combined)
Fresh Water Tank:70 gallons - 2 tank(s)
Holding Tank:5 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Entering the salon via the companionway steps, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how large this 34' boat feels, due to its large beam and many windows along the coaming and overhead.
To port is the L-shaped galley followed by a large U-shaped dinette. The dinette table can easily accommodate 6 for dinner, or be folded away for a space to sit and relax. Behind the galley is the aft berth, which accommodates an athwartships double bed.
To starboard is the nav station followed by a straight settee large enough to stretch out and take a nap on. This, in addition to the seating at the dinette, makes for a wonderful spot to host a pot luck or to gather with friends and family after a day on the water. Behind the nav station to port is the head.
Throughout the interior, one will notice the beautiful teak and holly floors that were refinished several years ago and still sparkle like new.
Forward is a V-berth with hanging locker and shelf space, along with a large overhead hatch for light and ventilation.
- Large dining table which converts into an additional berth when needed
- A surprising amount of storage along the hull in shelves and cabinets, along with under the seats
- Gorgeous teak & holly floor
- Solar fans to improve ventilation
- Double stainless steel sink with H/C pressure water
- Adler Barbour refrigeration
- Gimbalted oven with cooktop
- Plentiful storage in cabinets along hull and under sink
- Composting head was added to eliminate the unpleasant smell from a raw water toilet onboard. Works with a standard 5 gallon bucket. Bonus - no need to find a pump out!
- Full Batten Mainsail (2008)
- 150% furling Genoa on a Schafer roller furler (2008)
- Mainsail cover in Captain's Navy (2011)
Cockpit & Deck
- Dodger and Bimini in Captain's Navy (2011)
- Helm cover & winch covers in Captain's Navy (2011)
- Cockpit cushions
- Pedestal mounted varnished cockpit table with USP plug and custom drink holders
- Catbird seats at transom
- Large cockpit locker on port and at transom
- Lewmar ST30 self tailing winches on coach roof
- Lewmar ST46 self tailing primary winches
- Maxwell electric windlass
- Raw water wash down in anchor locker
- Primary and secondary anchor
- Garmin GPSMap 740s
- Raymarine wheel auto-pilot
- Datamarine Speed / Distance
- Datamarina Depth
- Horizon Ram mic
- Ritchie compass
- iPad holder with USB plug (to use iPad with digital charts. iPad not included)
- Standard Horizon VHF @ nav station
Electrical and Mechanical
- Guest Charge Pro 20amp battery charger (2017)
- Electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Panasonic stereo
- shorepower cord
- boat hooks
- horseshoe throw